I'm trying to use the RegEx++ libraries with Visual Studio, but I cannot figure out how to get my project to recognize the regex classes.
I followed the installation instructions at http://www.boost.org/libs/regex/introduction.htm#Installation
for visual studio 6.
* I have visual studio service packs 4 and 5 installed
* I opened a commaned prompt window, navigated to the VC98\bin directory and ran vcvars32.bat
* I navigated to the regexpp3\libs\regex\build directory and ran 'nmake -fvc6.mak', 'nmake -fvc6.mak install'
* In visual studio, I selected the project, clicked Project-->Settings--> C\C++ (tab), select Preprocessor and added the regexpp3 directory to the include directory box. (the regexpp3 directory is located in the project's folder
* Below is the code I'm using just for text purposes to make sure the I can access the library.
**** This Code Will Successfully Compile Without the namespace and regex lines of code *****
void ex::count(char *lo)
using namespace boost;
.... //other code
void ex::main() ... //other code
When I compile the file, I get the following errors:
ex.CPP(9) : error C2871: 'boost' : does not exist or is not a namespace
ex.CPP(10) : error C2065: 'regexp' : undeclared identifier
ex.CPP(10) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'expression'
ex.CPP(10) : error C2065: 'expression' : undeclared identifier
I would very much appreciate if someone can tell me what I am doing wrong or provide suggestions as to what I can do to access the libraries.