?
Solved

Internal Server Error 500 with XSLT transforms in PHP loaded as CGI in Apache1.3

Posted on 2003-02-24
2
Medium Priority
?
405 Views
Last Modified: 2013-12-13
!--- problem ---!

I have an application that has been running well when on a machine that has php installed as a module with Apache 1.3.  When testing the installation of the application we installed php on a new machine running as a CGI.  now when you log in the page return is a "Internal Server Error 500" error page.  

!--- handy notes about system ---!
the system is using Sessions for user details, XML & XSLT processing through sablot.  Now I have tested the XML and XSLT individually and they seem fine.  Also the system works perfectly when running on the development machine (loaded as module)  also we are compressing the output with gz before sending to the client.

I have tracked down the error to be in the transformation function that takes the XML and XSL and produces the XHTML output

$arguments = array(
               '/_xml' => $this->xml_page,
               '/_xsl' => $this->xsl_page
               );
               
               // Allocate a new XSLT processor
               
               $xh = xslt_create();
               xslt_set_base($xh,"file://".$this->ROOT."/");
         
               // Process the document

                 $msg = xslt_process($xh, 'arg:/_xml', 'arg:/_xsl', NULL, $arguments);


               xslt_free($xh);

!--- Apache Error Log Msg-->
[Mon Feb 24 16:46:06 2003] [error] [client 192.168.0.124] Premature end of script headers: /apache/php/php.exe

The above line is the only real error msg in the error.log file and I believe that this will be the key to under standing what is going on in the system.
0
Comment
Question by:hitting_30_hard
[X]
Welcome to Experts Exchange

Add your voice to the tech community where 5M+ people just like you are talking about what matters.

  • Help others & share knowledge
  • Earn cash & points
  • Learn & ask questions
2 Comments
 

Author Comment

by:hitting_30_hard
ID: 8011189
OK for anyone who has this same problem it was a problem with the XSLT parser running on CGI. I had to rewrite the XSLT for the Administration side of the system for this to work. Thanks to any who took time to pondered a possible solution.
0
 

Accepted Solution

by:
SpideyMod earned 0 total points
ID: 8011427
PAQ'd and points refunded.

SpideyMod
Community Support Moderator @Experts Exchange
0

Featured Post

7 Extremely Useful Linux Commands for Beginners

Just getting started with Linux? Here's a quick start guide that has 7 commands that we believe will come in handy.

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

Part of the Global Positioning System A geocode (https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/geocoding/) is the major subset of a GPS coordinate (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Positioning_System), the other parts being the altitude and t…
This article discusses four methods for overlaying images in a container on a web page
Explain concepts important to validation of email addresses with regular expressions. Applies to most languages/tools that uses regular expressions. Consider email address RFCs: Look at HTML5 form input element (with type=email) regex pattern: T…
The viewer will learn how to count occurrences of each item in an array.
Suggested Courses

765 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question