Replication from Oracle 9i to Oracle 8.1.6, and OEM setup
Posted on 2003-02-25
I have 2 servers on the network, with 2 different Oracle versions.
1) IBM AIX hosting Oracle 9i
2) HP-UX hosting Oracle 8.1.6
I would like to set up replication from Oracle 9i to Oracle 8.1.6. I am a total newbie to Oracle (basically have all the theories, and have difficulties in implementing the theories into practical :( ). Details are as follows:
- Replicate data and indexes (advanced replication).
- No need to be able to update the replicated db - Oracle 8.1.6
- Replicate approximately 50 tables, with possibility of increase.
- Oracle 9i's data volume (> 100 or 200 tables) could reach 1GB in a single day.
- 1-min refresh is desirable, but would like to know if there would be challenges due to the huge data volume.
- Will work on replicating 1 DB first. Subsequently need to replicate multiple masters to multiple destinations.
Please assist in guiding me on how to setup the above (step-by-step). Also any additional materials available, pls also advise me.
In addition to above, I also have not setup OEM, and thus have not been able to make good use of the features in OEM. Pls kindly provide me with some guide on how to set this up. Also, a tip on whether i should setup OEM in the AIX or HP-UX machine?? AIX is the production env with all DML, DDL performed. HP is the replicated env with only queries allowed.
Thanks n Brgds,