1) We are having DB2 7.2 EE on win NT 4 & win 2000 systems
2) From client configuration assistant, I removed all databases including local servers DWCTRLD & SATCTLDB.
3) While adding DWCTRLDB and testing, I changed password from db2admin to some other one. This applied to all additions & testing for all other databases in all instances.
4) After this I went in control center and under instance DB2, I chose stop while disconnecting all applications.
5) Now when I try to start, I get message as follows:
DB2 : The service did not start due to a logon failure.
SQL1042C An unexpected system error occurred. SQLSTATE=58004
6) How do we manage to use a different password by avoiding above error.
7) For all databases I chose db2admin/db2admin as username/password during installation in a check box. Can I not have different passwords for each db2admin under each database.
8) How do I have different user names other than db2admin for each database. Do I have to create so many users at OS level with 2+4 rights.
9) During installation unless I check in box mentioned in 7), I am unable to go ahead.
10) I need different named users for each database so that I can do client authentication.