Dial-up lanching problem
Posted on 2003-02-25
I'm running Win2k advance server on one box which has
the modem and Win2k professional on a laptop that I use
most of the time. The problem that I'm having is that
if a click on some Web related pgm, while on my laptop,
the Win2k adv server box will lanch the dial-up modem
the way I want it too. But after I reboot the Win2k
adv server box and try the same thing on my laptop,
it won't lanch the modem. It's as if Win2k dial's up
once, in error, and remembers it so the next time it
happens it won't dial-up. But i want it to dial-up every time.
1) * run a java http socket pgm on my laptop
* win2k lanches the dial-up modem the way i want it too
2) * reboot win2k adv server with the modem
3) * run the same java http socket pgm on my laptop
* win2k will not lanch the dial-up modem the way it did before which is what i want it to do.
So how do i get win2k to lanch the modem every time
i click a browser or anything web related on my laptop?
Many thanks in advance.