The PC is a eTower 600CD 400MHz with 15" monitor
A child was pressing the monitor on/off button
repeatedly. This caused the PC to lock into the
following POST sequence:
- Start up with monitor on and PC on button pressed
- Copyright notice including Intel message displayed
- Logo displayed: "emachines"
- 1 beep
- Phoenix BIOS displayed briefly with message
"Press any key"
- Brief flash of Windows
- Hard drive light flashes
- Click heard like a drawer opening
- Goes black screen and monitor's green light flashes
- Speaker sounds come through
- Has to be switched off at the mains to close.
I've tried to get into the BIOS setup when it flashes
up (tried F8 and F10 with no success).
It's bootable with a DOS disk so can get to C: drive.
Question: How do I get Windows to display please?