Import from non-delimited ASCII file
Posted on 2003-02-26
0) We have DB2 7.2 EE server on win NT 4 & 2000 OS.
1) We have a table having 10 not null columns. There are no primary keys, foreign keys, check constraints & default values.
2) We have a non-delimited ASCII text file having 4 rows and 10 column values. This we were successful in importing to our table.
3) Wehave another non-delimited ASCII text file where there are 4 rows but values for 5th and 10th column are missing. Can we import this data into our table? We did not succeed.
4) If yes, then how? Please give detailed steps of import.
5) Is it true that load utility is same as import utility. The difference is we use load for loading huge data into tables.