ASUS CUV4X-D Dual intel 800mhz cpu
1Gb ram (4x256)
2x30Gb Maxtor drives
Win2K server, SP3 installed
3com vortex ethernet card
Machine previously ran Win NT 4.0 workstation sp6 with no problems.
System randomly locks. No errors logged. Happens under load (webserver) or not. Happens with user logged in or not. Screen saver active or not. System reboots fine and works for anywhere from 10 minutes to 12 hours. No heat anomalies on either CPU or motherboard. No voltage anomalies on motherboard.
What I've tried so far.
- replace memory, no effect
- replace video card, no effect
- re-partition drives and re-install OS, no effect
- ran PowerMax utility on hard drives, all passed.
- stripped down memory and added 1 stick at a time, no effect.
- removed network card and ran without, no effect.
Any suggestions about what to try next would be appreciated. I'm about ready to pop for a new motherboard but can't find the same one available anywhere.