I am doing a simple ASP.NET walthrough from .NET search (Walkthrough: Creating a Distributed Application). When I try to add a web reference from the Web Client to the Web Service it returns this error.
The document at the url http://localhost/AuthorsWebService69/AuthorsWebService69.vsdisco
was not recognized as a known document type.
The error message from each known type may help you fix the problem:
- Report from 'WSDL Document' is 'There is an error in XML document (2, 2).'.
- <dynamicDiscovery xmlns='urn:schemas-dynamic
-03-17'> was not expected.
- Report from 'DISCO Document' is 'Discovery document at the URL http://localhost/AuthorsWebService69/AuthorsWebService69.vsdisco
could not be found.'.
- The document format is not recognized.
- Report from 'XML Schema' is 'Expected Schema root. Make sure that the root element is <schema> and the namespace is 'http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema'
for an XSD schema or 'urn:schemas-microsoft-com
for an XDR schema. An error occurred at (2, 2).'.
This is what is contained in the .vsdisco file that it tells me to reference.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
- <dynamicDiscovery xmlns="urn:schemas-dynamic
<exclude path="_vti_cnf" />
<exclude path="_vti_pvt" />
<exclude path="_vti_log" />
<exclude path="_vti_script" />
<exclude path="_vti_txt" />
<exclude path="Web References" />
Any help would be appreciated.