Want to protect your cyber security and still get fast solutions? Ask a secure question today.Go Premium

  • Status: Solved
  • Priority: Medium
  • Security: Public
  • Views: 223
  • Last Modified:

What type of connection?

Well if I want to connect three buildings together I'm not sure what I would need.  They would be connected like a full mesh topology.  I would have six T1 connections crimped together to go one spot to another so each building would have six lines in and six lines out to be connected to.  But what device would this be?
William Richardson
William Richardson
  • 2
1 Solution
Um... a router.
However, if i was running lines outside a building, especailly very far, i would use fiber, and if you need it meshed for redundancy i would look into FDDI.
William RichardsonAuthor Commented:
Well I'm trying to find more information on the internet about inverse mux but.  Does that just plug into a certain server?  And is that just a plain network card or anything in particular.
This consolidates/bonds your T1's into a single high-speed serial connection that would then connect to a Router at each location. Cisco's solution is a HSSI interface. The router is the go-between to connect the T1's to the local LAN through an Ethernet interface. The server would connect Ethernet to the same LAN through a switch/hub.


Featured Post

[Webinar] Database Backup and Recovery

Does your company store data on premises, off site, in the cloud, or a combination of these? If you answered “yes”, you need a data backup recovery plan that fits each and every platform. Watch now as as Percona teaches us how to build agile data backup recovery plan.

  • 2
Tackle projects and never again get stuck behind a technical roadblock.
Join Now