Data verification fails with Nero Express when DMA is enabled.
Posted on 2003-03-02
Nero Express 5.5.10 will 'successfully' create a CD, however, when I verify the data, always will report a verification error prompting that a few files are different to the original.
If I disable DMA, it seems to fix this problem.
My system specifications are:
AMD XP 2200
MSI KT4 Ultra (SATA, RAID, Bluetooth, USB2.0 - FISR)
512MB 400Mhz DDR-RAM (Certified for my MSI Board)
Leadtek GeForce3 64MB 3D Prophet
Western Digital 80GB Hard Disk - (Pri) 8MB Cache 7200rpm
Seagate 80GB Hard Disk (Sec) - 7200rpm
LG 52x24x52 CD-RW (8520B)
LG 16X DVD-ROM
350watt Huntkey Power Supply - AMD Certified
Windows XP Professional SP1
Nero Express 5.5.10
Note: System has never been overclocked.
Things I have tried, without success:
- Flash the CD-RW to the lastest firmware
- Reinstall OS and Nero and used only generic drivers
- VIA 4-in-1 Hypherion Drivers
- Replaced with LG 48x24x48x
- Replaced RAM with 512 333Mhz
- Reset BIOS to Default Values
- Replaced Secondary IDE Cable with ATA/100
- Burning different files
- Using full version of Nero
- Run full scandisk on both drives
- Removed the DVD-ROM in case of 'interference'
- Tried different media
- Tried slowing the burn right down
I've run out of idea's, other than taking the motherboard back to be replaced. I have a friend with a very similar configuration and everything works fine.
I would like to allocate more points, however, I only have a total of 75points to begin with. Sorry. :(