Deleting phantom recipients from the Global Address list
Posted on 2003-03-04
I manage part of an Exchange organisation, with 4 different sites.
Sites 1, 2, and 3 replicate their Directory Stores (DS) with another central site over a WAN.
Site 4 only replicates its directory with Site 1, and it receives all inbound directory information from Site 1.
The problem is as follows...
I deleted a mailbox recipient from Site 4, however the recipient name still appears in the Global Address List (GAL) of all other sites in the organisation.
I have tried the following to resolve this problem...
- Looking in the GAL for Site 4 the recipient does not appear.
- Performing a full inbound replication from Site 4 to Site 1.
- Recreating the recipient & replicating. Deleting the new recipient & replicating.
- Restarting the Directory Store service on Site 1
- I have looked for corrupt parametres in the directory store using the raw view, but can see nothing amiss.
I think I know WHY and HOW the problem occured in the first place, but what I want to know is how to delete the phantom entry from the GAL...?
Thanks in advance...