- Emulator Programming- NES-
Posted on 2003-03-10
Yeah, so I am masochistic enough to want to write an emulator for the NES. I know there are a bunch out there, but I want to do one on my own. I have the resources for NES system specs, 6502 Instruction Set and all. I was wondering if any of you out there have any pointers, websites to help me tackle the following topics. Any comments/suggestions are appreciated
1. Tools necessary: 6502 (dis)assembler(s), x86 assembler, profiling tool, C compiler
2. API programming: Basically I want to avoid using C++ at all costs. Do any of you know of other approaches?
3. Graphics rendering: Could I just program the graphics card via a DOS interrupt? Or should I use certain C libraries?
4. Sound programming: Similar to above, would I write to the sound card?
I'm really interested in this and would appreciate some help from the fellow bitpushers out there. Thanks.