cannot read/write/copy a file thru nfs
Posted on 2003-03-11
I have encountered the following problem:
1. I nfs shared a directory, say, /d100 of host A, to host B with rw permission
2. Then I mounted the A:/d100 in Host B with rw permission again.
3. From Host B, I tried to access the mounted nfs dir. There is a file with the following permission set:
r-xr-lr-x owner1 group1 data.txt
4. Then as owner1 (both uid and gid are the same in Host A and Host B), I could neither cat nor copy the file data.txt, saying that permission denied. However for other files without the mandatory lock, I could always read/write them.
5. Then I move back to Host A, login as owner1, I can read/write the file data.txt locally.
Please kindly give me some idea how it is working..... to do read/write operations on mandatory locking files thru nfs... Many thanks!