Users & Schemas
Posted on 2003-03-16
1) I have DB2 EE 7.2.0 server installed on Win NT4/2000.
2) We have the following schemas listed in sample database of DB2 instance:
DB2ADMIN, DB2DBG, NULLID, SYSCAT, SYSFUN, SYSIBM & SYSSTAT. These are for grouping of objects.
3) We have the following DB Users: DB2ADMIN and DB Groups: PUBLIC & ADMINISTRATORS. I believe that DB2ADMIN belongs to ADMINISTRATORS group.
4) Also when a user creates the first object a corresponding schema is created.
5) DB2ADMIN created DB2ADMIN. Who created the rest of the schemas. Do they belong to group PUBLIC. We can only use them with dot operator to access their objects while connected to DB2ADMIN. Or we can directly connect to them in some way.
6) If we create more users at OS level like db2admin giving the set of OS level 2+4 privileges, how can we use them i.e. in what all situations do we need to create more OS level users.
7) db2admin was invloved during installation. Other OS users created later on are independent of DB2 server. How do we associate them with it. Which objects do NULLID and DB2DBG group & what is the user that they map to.