"Replica not found" on server which holds a replica
Posted on 2003-03-17
we have a very strange problem with one of our servers. It's a 5.0.11 server running on an AS/400, let's call it server "A". Since last thursday the server-internal cache of the list of all replica ids that the server holds seems to be corrupted. So for quite a lot of databases (not all!) on server A , the following happens:
- I have the database bookmarked on server B.
- I use "Replication->Find Replica" to search for a replica on server A.
- I get informed that there is no replica on server A.
- But there is one, which I can open manually using "File->Database->Open". Bookmarking the database on server A stacks the icon on my workspace, so they are definitely replicas.
This causes a lot of interesting effects:
- Scheduled replication is not carried out
- We have quite a lot of connections between databases, with lookups etc. Using replica id to access a database on server A does not work, there is a "fail-over" to other servers in the UI. (However, this is not meant to be understood as cluster fail-over. There is no cluster)
- Scheduled agents cannot access other databases on the same server at all, since there does not seem to be a "fail-over" as in the UI.
- ... probably more!
So, is there something we can do except restarting the server? Is there a console command which can be used to force a cache refresh of the replicas that a server holds?
I am not an OS/400 expect, but I think in general restarting the server is not the ideal solution.
Last comment, b4 questions come up: All replicas have been created using Notes client, Administration client or AdminP. No copies on file level...
Thanks for any hint. BR, Dirk