A week ago I created an Import/Export Specification named "my2003Spec". Now I want to change it.
After an hour of searching, I came up with an ugly way of doing it. (I also learned how to view the msysIMEXspecs table but I don't want to maintain the table myself).
Does anyone know how to simplify steps 5, 6 and 7 below. I find they are a huge waste of time.
I am using Access XP
TO FOLLOW IN MY FOOTSTEPS, CREATE A SPEC CALLED my2003Spec
1. Select menus File/Get External Data/Import
2. Browse and select any comma delimited text file. I'll call it FILE2003
3. Click Import/Advanced/Save As/my2003Spec
4. Cancel out of the wizard and get back to access tables
NOW, LET'S PRETEND A WEEK HAS GONE BY AND SOMEONE HAS DELETED FILE2003.
HERE IS MY UGLY WAY TO CHANGE MY2003SPEC.
5. Select menus File/Get External Data/Import
6. Browse and select ANY comma delimited file (This is the ugly part, I hate browsing for a totally unrelated file.)
7. Click Import/Advanced/Specs
8. In the drop down box, select my2003Spec and click Open
9. Make the desired changes and click Save As
10. Save As my2003Spec and respond Yes to the overwrite existing spec message
11. You're done, so cancel out of the wizard