High quality printer recommendations?
Posted on 2003-03-25
Our requirements are:
1. Three paper trays, multiple sizes
2. 1000-2000 Sheet tray
3. 256-512 mb RAM
4. HDD Cache
5. Four color
6. Network 10/100 (though Gigabit would be nice)
7. Duplex all paper sources
8. Heavy weight paper (110 lb index at least)
9. Letter, Legal, (oversize 12x18 would be nice)
Not so exact requirements:
1. Fast, fast, fast
3. Laser (although really high quality LED should work)
4. Production quality (laser should imply that, but you never know)
5. Cost is, of course, always a factor - though not as much as one would think in this case - I need
something that works!
6. Since I'm the NetAdmin (bofh), I have to deal with this thing afterwards (see #5)
Have tried the HP 8500C, but not happy with speed. Have tried the OKI 9400, but not happy with color output quality.
There's got to be a solution to this. Has anyone else out there had really good experience with a particular printer?