I have a client server program using DCOM. I have about 25 clients connected to a 800 MHZ server. The Oracle VErsion is 8i. My server gets overloaded and the CPU usage comes to 100% during peak hours and the total network gets down.
The Server configuration.
I need the following clarifications
1. Initialization parameters.
2. About Redo & control file locations ( No's specify)
3. does Oracle 8i support Dual Processor ?
4. Is the version has to be upgraded for no of clients (Does Oracle defer with the no of clients)
5. Is there any settings to be made for Multiuser & multithreading ?
I need all clarifications for my above problems.
1. Pentium III - 800 Mhz
2. 356 MB RAM
3. 40 GB HDD
4. OS-Windows 2000 server Advanced.
The client machines are connected by switches.