Problem running Access Wizards from VB code

Posted on 2003-03-27
Medium Priority
Last Modified: 2008-03-17
I have just finished writing an Access 2000 based database, a portion of this database enables users to seamlessly access the Report and Query wizards (inbuilt) by calling the query using the following line of code -

Application.Run "acwztool.frui_entry", "tablename", acQuery
Application.Run "acwztool.frui_entry", "tablename", acReport

This works fine the database is run using Access 2000, however when the database is run on Access XP the following error occurs:

The form 'frui_frmMain' is misspelled or refers to a form that does'nt exist.

Can someone please let me know what the differences in the procedure call argument, or a suitable workaround so I can resolve this problem without having to resort to writing my own wizards.

Thanks in advance.

Question by:yeahbaby692001
Welcome to Experts Exchange

Add your voice to the tech community where 5M+ people just like you are talking about what matters.

  • Help others & share knowledge
  • Earn cash & points
  • Learn & ask questions
  • 3
  • 2

Expert Comment

ID: 8217183
LVL 41

Accepted Solution

shanesuebsahakarn earned 1500 total points
ID: 8217570
Actually - there's an error on the mvps site(!!!). In Access XP, the form frui_frmMain is in acwzmain, not acwztool. Try:
Application.Run "acwzmain.frui_entry", "tablename", acQuery
Application.Run "acwzmain.frui_entry", "tablename", acReport

Expert Comment

ID: 8221169
Shane - Thanks for the heads up!
should someone tell "Dev Ashish"
Ransomware-A Revenue Bonanza for Service Providers

Ransomware – malware that gets on your customers’ computers, encrypts their data, and extorts a hefty ransom for the decryption keys – is a surging new threat.  The purpose of this eBook is to educate the reader about ransomware attacks.

LVL 41

Expert Comment

ID: 8221406
Dotthei, I've notified them. Dev sometimes posts to the Access newsgroup (he was there a couple of months ago after a long absence) but the people who maintain the site definitely post there so I will post a message if I don't hear back soon.

BTW did you get my e-mail ?

Expert Comment

ID: 8221651
I worship the ground from which Dev codes from

Author Comment

ID: 8223033
Thanks for the help.  I actually fixed the problem a few hours after posting this question by manually opening both the 'awzmain' and 'awztool' addin files and found that awzmain was the only one with the frui_frmMain form in it.

So I gave it a shot by changing the names (same as you suggested) and tada...it worked.

Thanks again.

Featured Post

Want to be a Web Developer? Get Certified Today!

Enroll in the Certified Web Development Professional course package to learn HTML, Javascript, and PHP. Build a solid foundation to work toward your dream job!

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

Access developers frequently have requirements to interact with Excel (import from or output to) in their applications.  You might be able to accomplish this with the TransferSpreadsheet and OutputTo methods, but in this series of articles I will di…
Did you know that more than 4 billion data records have been recorded as lost or stolen since 2013? It was a staggering number brought to our attention during last week’s ManageEngine webinar, where attendees received a comprehensive look at the ma…
In Microsoft Access, learn how to use Dlookup and other domain aggregate functions and one method of specifying a string value within a string. Specify the first argument, which is the expression to be returned: Specify the second argument, which …
With Microsoft Access, learn how to specify relationships between tables and set various options on the relationship. Add the tables: Create the relationship: Decide if you’re going to set referential integrity: Decide if you want cascade upda…
Suggested Courses

752 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question