I am having a problem creating an internal webpage while trying ot get a hyperlink to a folder on a different network drive to where I store my webpage. I am using MS Word to develop the webpage. Here's what I am doing:
1. I create a hyperlink to a folder on another network drive in MS Word.
2. I try the hyperlink from the webpage and I get the page cannot be displayed message.
3. I edit the hyperlink using notepad to use the UNC path to llok like href="V:/test folder
4. The hyperlink works.
5. I go back into word and the hyperlink in the html source looks like href="V://test%20folder
6. i exit again without making any changes and the hyperlink is still working.
7. I go back into Word and add a new hyperlink, not touching my first one.
8. My old hyperlink is back to returning the "page cannot be displayed message".
Any ideas how to stop this from happening or how to get steps 1 and 2 to work first time ?