Ive had this prob for about 1 and a half year now... My PC's performance is way worse than what it should be, i cant even burn cd's faster than 20x, everything goes pretty slow (not slow, but slow for having these specs) like copying files from cd-rom or just copying at all, it still runs slow. Booting the OS up and everything takes quite a while (like 1 min or something, which is way too long compared to what it should be), and this all even when i have no programs running in the background, newly formatted HDD, reinstalled windows and so on... STILL SLOW...
I can play stuff and work on my pc just fine and all, its just really annoying when i f.ex. wanna burn on my 48x burner(using 48x cd's), and it wont burn faster than 20x, or the buffer will go way down, then up again (thanks to BURN-proof) and down and up etc.... until the burn is finished, and NERO or w/e program im using would say like: buffer underrun avoided 213 times. the cd turns out fine and all, but takes more than twice the time to burn....
-Ive traded in my HDD for a new one, once before, and i know its not the hard drives fault now....
- Ive checked all the wires and cables and they are where they should be
- Ive bought a new motherboard, and im pretty sure its installed correctly, but i still have the same problem!
My pc specs:
- amd athlon xp 2100+ (1.733mhz)
- one 512 mb ddr dimm pc2100, and one 256mb ddr dimm pc2100
- wdc 80 gb 7200 high performance hdd
- atapi dvd-rom 16x (dunno much about this one) and a plextor 48x/16x/48x burner
- nvidia geforce 4 ti 4600 128 mb ddr graphicscard
- msi k7n2 delta-L motherboard
plzplzplz help, sorry if this question got alittle long, but ive tried this here before, with no luck, and just wanted to make sure u guys understoof my prob =/
My friend has a pc with half the specs of mine, but still his would boot faster and load games faster and so on (tho mine plays the games better and so on)
Thanks in advance :)