Solved

Tomcat 4.1 JSP Problem

Posted on 2003-10-21
5
309 Views
Last Modified: 2010-04-01
Hi guys, well you see I'm trying to crete a new Web app and my Tomcat instead of displaying my JSP files, it downloads them

this is what I did:

I created the context /Myapp and created the directory with the name Myapp on the Tomcat\webapps directory
under that i created a folder called WEB-INF and in there a web.xml file wich contains only the servlet mapping
of my app. Under WEB-INF I created a folder called classes and under that folder I created the whole path of my
package (com.victor.intranet) and left there my servlets.

     The thing is that my servlets work fine, I accessed them directly and the input was the one I was expecting
the thing is that when I access http://localhost/Myapp the index.jsp file instead of executing it, it's trying to download it.

     I've asked arround what could this be, because I've never had that problem.. and the only thing they tell me is "Weird.. It shouldn't do that"

     I hope you can help me..

    Oh, btw, I'm using w2k  :)

     Thanks..
              Victor
0
Comment
Question by:vic_soqui
[X]
Welcome to Experts Exchange

Add your voice to the tech community where 5M+ people just like you are talking about what matters.

  • Help others & share knowledge
  • Earn cash & points
  • Learn & ask questions
5 Comments
 

Expert Comment

by:wolrabp
ID: 9593805
can you post your index.jsp code? If it is very large just let me know.
0
 
LVL 15

Expert Comment

by:jimmack
ID: 9594235
Is the behaviour the same for all JSPs?

Do you get any errors/exceptions reported?

What does your localhost_access log file show?
0
 

Author Comment

by:vic_soqui
ID: 9594697
Well.. actually I just solved this "Mistery"
this is what happened..

I checked the Index.jsp file.. and it was all weird characters..
I don't know what happened or why but well.. so I deleted the file
and created a new one.. turned off and on the Tomcat server
and the same error keep apearing.. until..
I checked my try..catch block and..
it all was o.k.. it was a out.println("message");
but.. I just put that into a comment and.. voila.. it worked..
it's very weird.. but.. thanks.. now my jsp are working..

Thanks anyway guys... :D
0
 
LVL 15

Expert Comment

by:jimmack
ID: 9594716
;-)
0
 
LVL 5

Accepted Solution

by:
Netminder earned 0 total points
ID: 9596287
User resolved; points refunded and question closed.

Netminder
EE Admin
0

Featured Post

[Webinar] Code, Load, and Grow

Managing multiple websites, servers, applications, and security on a daily basis? Join us for a webinar on May 25th to learn how to simplify administration and management of virtual hosts for IT admins, create a secure environment, and deploy code more effectively and frequently.

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

Suggested Solutions

Check out this step-by-step guide for asking an anonymous question on Experts Exchange.
By reading this blog, MSPs will gain insight into how to improve communications with their clients as well as establish a more profitable business.
I've attached the XLSM Excel spreadsheet I used in the video and also text files containing the macros used below. https://filedb.experts-exchange.com/incoming/2017/03_w12/1151775/Permutations.txt https://filedb.experts-exchange.com/incoming/201…
This video shows how to use Hyena, from SystemTools Software, to update 100 user accounts from an external text file. View in 1080p for best video quality.
Suggested Courses

751 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question