ora-12560 and ora-12500
Posted on 2003-10-23
subject:- ORA-12500:TNS listener failed to start a dedicated server process. AND ORA-12560:TNS Protocol adapter error.
1) We installed Ora9i on Win2000. After installing I created a service name in Ora8i client to connect to Orac9i server.
2) Ping and TNSping has worked fine at client side.
3) But in client's sqlplus when connected using servicename it says ORA-12500.
4) I also tried to create another service name at server side that connects to its own database and tested it.It says ORA-12560.
5) I tried to connect through DBAStudio at server side I got same ORA-12560 error.
6) I checked (Client's)tnsnames.ora,(server's) sqlnet.ora,(server's)listener.ora. Their setting are fine.
7) We reinstalled Oracle9i but the problem persists.
1)when installing win2000 we got DNS lookup error but somehow we solved it. Does this error anyway related to ORA-12560.