Basic one-workgroup NT4-servered network. Several Win98s, two Win95s, two WinXPs.
I've got a WinXPPro machine that CAN be seen by the Win98 machines on the network. However, it CAN NOT be seen by the two Win95s on the network.
* The Win95 machines DO list the WinXP in network neighborhood. But selecting it produces the" \\machine is not accessable / the computer or sharename could not be found" error.
* The Win98 Machines can access the shared WinXP items (Printer is what is important).
* The WinXP machine can access all (98 and 95) machines and use their resources
* A second, happy WinXP machine on the network can interact with all machines (problem XP, 95, 98) with no problems. And vice-versa.
About the WinXP machine:
* internet connection firewall is off.
* TCP/IP static network.
* IPX/SPX (added for problemsolving)
* NetBIOS (added for problemsolving)
* Enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP (added for problemsolving)
I removed NetBEUI from a WIN95 machine, but had no effect.
I can't think of what other info I could add. I'm stumped. Thanks.