RS6000 forward email to Exchange
Posted on 2003-10-24
I have an RS6000 with AIX 4.2
It resides on a LAN with an MS Exchange 2000 Server.
I want to to do two things:
1. Have emails sent to the AIX Mail system for my user ID forwarded to my Exchange email address
2. Allow an application on the RS6000 to send outgoing email to any internet email address at any domain.
I't not working, but here's what I've done so far:
1. I went into smit tcpip on my en0 interface and set the DOMAIN name to ABCRS6.mydomain.com
2. I went onto my LAN DNS server and added an "A" record there for ABCRS6
3. I had my ISP add an "A" record to the mydomain.com domain for ABCRS6 and referenced my (Internal) IP address for the RS6000 Server (i.e. 192.168.1.10) Note this is not a public IP address, does it need to be?
4. I went into my /home/chucka directory and created a file - .forward with my exchange email address as the only line in the file
I then logged in a root and did the mail chucka command and sent a test message. It did not get to my exchange email.
I also tried mail email@example.com and it also did not go through.
Can anyone give me the straight dope on making this work?