I am on an iMac with OS 10.2.6
I successfully connect to a windows2000 server as follows:
1. "Go", "Connect to Server"
2. smb://DOMAIN;USERNAME@ipaddress/sharename and I am prompted for my password which I enter.
The "sharename" folder opens in a new window with folders and files.
I do NOT check the "add to my keychain list" box for subsequent logins.
But when I connect on subsequent occassions then the following happens:
1. I am not prompted for my password
2. The "sharename" folder opens up in a new window with zero items, no folders no files.
So I am wondering:
1. Is there some sort of 'caching' going on that does not prompt me for the password even though I have NOT checked the "keychain" box ?
2. Similarly is there some sort of 'caching' happening that opens the window with zero items ?
If yes, is there a way to clear the cache? Rebooting the iMac does seem to resolve the problem.
If no, what else is the problem ?