I bought a brand new computer a few months ago. 1 gig RAM, 2.8 GhZ CPU, etc...pretty good machine. Well, about three days ago it wouldn't start up when I turned it on. Fans would whirr away and the lights came on, but no beep and no actual booting up. All I had to do, however, was turn it off by holding the power button down. Once I turned it on again, it worked perfectly. This happened without fail for three days or so.
Yesterday I turned it on, and got the same thing. However, when I tried to turn it off, no buttons responded. I had to unplug it from thew all. I tried taking the CMOS battery out (That's the round, watch-looking battery, right?) overnight, but that still didn't fix it.
I'm relatively computer naive, so I need some help.