I'm working on a project for company that needs to keep a tight lock on it's data and also asked that I do it in vb5 or vb6. I have used vb5.
I am experiencing intermitent data corruption using a UDT to move the type to my .bas file to process the information, and the traditional Put# and Get# methods for file I/O.
The variable Declarations are Dim'ed properly.
and any data passed is an Integer to keep the 2 byte record length at the Languages specified length.
But the data file when viewed is sometimes corrupted, correct, and now showing a 4 byte length for the record length.
I have kept to MS vb5 standards and double checked myself by
making sure I updated to service pack 3, then researched this through VB 3, 5 Programmers Guide, VB 3, 5 Waite Superbible and multiple web sites.
I believe that my problem may not be coding but a problem with the Language itself.