Full-Text not working!
Posted on 2003-10-29
I've got a little problem with the Full-Text Search (MSSearch).
If I try to create a ft-catalog trough Enterprise Manager, nothing happens - it populates and populates - no indexes moving - no logfile increasing - nor the harddiscspace (off the ft) getting occupied.
Here's the history what I've done:
- Changed user of MSSearch to SQL User (not system user)
- Changed 'Accounts' registry key to 'Administratoren' (Administrators) does not exist, running a german system
- Changed MSSQL Account (to same Account) and restarted
Now the problem is...
- I've got an empty catalog in the system wich i cannot delete (enterprise manager timeout - left it running for 30 minutes)
- I cannot do a sp_fulltext_database 'enable' (wich would reset the data) -> times out also (left it running for 5 hours)
- I cannot stop the MSSearch engine (probably because the hanged sp_fulltext proc)
- i cannot delete the catalog because ft-feature is not enabled (sp_fulltext_database...)
- UPDATE: also cannot stop it after reboot, even if the ft-cat itself shows IDLE and no processes are accessing it
- cannot run sp_fulltext_database 'disable' - same timeout (running now since 70 mins...)
Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?
- Win 2000 - German
- Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Service Pack 3
- no errors
- no errors