9 BIOS questions - you've been warned
Posted on 2003-11-01
I have an MSI K7N-2 Delta with a chipset heatsink not positioned perpendicular to the motherboard's sides, and without a heatsink. There are three memory slots: 2 green and 1 purple. This is to clear up confusion about different K7N-2 Delta motherboards found on the net.
So, the warning's been given to stop people from saying stuff like, "Couldn't you ask each question separately?" You know who you are. Instead of putting numbers in front of different questions and splitting points, must I submit each question and then click on "Ask A Question" again? I don't really think that's necessary.
1. What are the following (memory timing-related things)?:
2. What do those things mean?
3. What's the best RAS to CAS latency, and what does that mean?
Humor me. I'd like to take down my multiplier. 4. Why does my computer not start up so I can get into the BIOS when I try that? Is the multiplier locked?
5. Why is my Altas Precision PC-3200 ram set to run at 2.7V instead of the standard 2.5V? Is the standard actually 2.7V?
6. Which FSB speed should I fear for my XP 2000 while overclocking? The PC will not boot up at 158MHz. Would you recommend that I should take up the voltage to 1.775V? How can I take up the voltage by .01?
7. SiSoft Sandra says my ram is in slot 2. Strangely, it's physically placed in the first slot closest to the CPU. Which slot would be the best, by your opinion?
8. I have heard that I need to set up RAID to have two hard drives. Can I use my 120GB hard drive and put on a 3.2 as well to copy some stuff? Can I put the two hard drives and CD-ROM drives like this?:
Channel 1 - 120GB master & 52×CD-RW slave
Channel 2 - DVD-ROM master & 3.2GB slave
Am I completely wrong about the RAID thing? By the way, both IDE channel sockets are yellow.
9. Do I have RAID on my board? How easy is it to set up? I haven't been able to find any RAID settings on my motherboard, but my first idea of RAID came when I heard the automatic RAID thing and when I saw both IDE sockets are yellow.
Thank you very much,