Exchange 2000 duplicate email addresses

When I try to send an internal email to a specific user, it is redirected to the BadMail folder with the following message:
A configuration error in the recipient's e-mail system prevented
delivery of this message.  Two recipients are configured with the same
e-mail address.  Contact your administrator.
It also logs an event Source: MSExchangeIS ID: 9514 which tells me that Microsoft System Attendant and Public Folder Store have the same proxy.  
My problem is that I do not know how to remove the email addresses from these 2 objects.  They do not appear in Active Directory Users and Computers, and Exchange System Manager does not give me an option to modify email addresses.  
Thanks for your help.
daven17Asked:
Who is Participating?

[Product update] Infrastructure Analysis Tool is now available with Business Accounts.Learn More

x
I wear a lot of hats...

"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.

NewWizardCommented:
Hi, daven17,

Take a look at these following link,  
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=328905
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=258058
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=318774

Have you update your Exchange Server Service pack to the latest version, September 2003 Exchange 2000 Server Post-Service Pack 3 Rollup.  Here is the link,
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=824282

See if it helps!

NewWizard
daven17Author Commented:
NewWizard, thanks for your comment.  However, I've already checked  those kb articles to no avail.  I am able to find the objects in Active Directory using the ldp.exe utility, but when I attempt to remove the problem smtp address, I get a "Modify: Unwilling to Perform <53>" error.  I don't know if this is a rights issue, or what (I am in as Domain Administrator).  Any help would be appreciated.
daven17Author Commented:
I've finally figured this out.  I used ldifde to export all the attributes of the Microsoft System Attendant and Public Folder Store, then created an import file that removed the unneeded proxies and imported it, and it worked!  Internal emails are working fine at this point.
NewWizardCommented:
Good daven17,

Did you follow the steps mentioned from http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=318774? Step of import and export using ldifde?

NewWizard

Experts Exchange Solution brought to you by

Your issues matter to us.

Facing a tech roadblock? Get the help and guidance you need from experienced professionals who care. Ask your question anytime, anywhere, with no hassle.

Start your 7-day free trial
daven17Author Commented:
NewWizard
No, I did not use those steps.  I used ldp.exe to find the problem objects/attributes in the directory, then created my own import file from there, and ran "ldifde -i -f importfile".  However, that kb article eventually led to the solution, so I will award you the points.  Thanks for you help!

daven17
It's more than this solution.Get answers and train to solve all your tech problems - anytime, anywhere.Try it for free Edge Out The Competitionfor your dream job with proven skills and certifications.Get started today Stand Outas the employee with proven skills.Start learning today for free Move Your Career Forwardwith certification training in the latest technologies.Start your trial today
Windows 2000

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.