VB - unit test tools, source codes management tools, ActiveX DLL, ActiveX Exes
Posted on 2003-11-13
Hi guys, Anyone kind soul to help? I just migrated to VB Programming and there are some questions eating me inside.
1. What are the testing tools used in VB development - Unit testing tools, any freewares? Standards tools used by most developer and companies?
2. What are the source codes management tools?
3. How do we create resource files for VB application?
4. In client server environment, i.e working with a remote database in the network, how does the ActiveX DLL & ActiveX Exes are deployed and used? Any proper implementation concept in this matter
5. What is the clear cut difference between activex DLL and acitveX Exes, I thought they can be used in many the same ways, as far as background processing is concerned or in other means
6. If I create an exe or dll files how do i deploy it in the server to be accessible by my ASP pages?
any of these questions may be answered, please