Overnet 0.51 - Firewalled status
Posted on 2003-11-13
I'm using this P2P this is teh problem with some answers but no easy solution or cheap solution for me.
I'm using the latest Overnet version 5.0.1
- I have a Cable DSL Connection ( Ipconfig gets an IP for example 10.104.xxx.xx)
- My Cablemodem is a: Surfboard SB3100D
- Have Zone Alarm Pro 4.0.xx.xx ( I already set the permisions, added all the TCP and UDP ports I can to be sure) I also closed the firewall to check that I don't have any firewall
- I don't have any XP firewalled activated.
- Don't have any router or hub connected.
Tried to change or forward the TCP port to: 3662 and worked for one day and got Open instead of Firewalled booted my computer and now is back again firewalled and even if I change it to 4662 or 3662 still don't work anymore.
Some answers that I got were:
If your ISP offers a 'fixed' IP or something of that sort you might be able to get that and that will work, but unless you can get what is known as a public IP i.e. one that does not look like:
Any idea of how to fix this my ISP won't give me a
fixed IP by now. And I don't want and can't change ISP becuase of the membership I already paid and cost.