Posted on 2003-11-16
My scenario :
1. I have an HTML page ( resides within a Internet Browser Control in VC++ application).
2. In the HTML I dynamically embed images (IE - client side only).
3. Some of the images come from another device in which transparency pixels are denoted by the magenta (#FF00FF) color.
4. 1+2+3 = The result looks kinda nasty...
My insights :
1. I need to change the color by which IE indexes transparency.
2. The most obvious solution will be to use IE's filters.
3. I could not find any filter that performs that trick.
4. There is one filter "ICMFilter" that can change color profiles on a specific IMG, but I couldn't understand if/how I can use it to change transparency behaviour.
5. As this whole Scenario runs on a controlled environment, is is possible to add a custom filter that CAN do that trick.
I would love to hear any comments to my Insights and maybe some other methods I couldn't think of.
Thanks A LOT
p.s At the moment i have only the initial 125 points. If I will recieve a good solution I will buy extra points and award another 500 pts.