All machines run win2k. The DI and DSL have HTTP based setup facilities.
Configuration is as follows:
2 to 4 PCs connected on ethernet via a Dlink DI-614+ switch/router/wireless AP.
1 PC with a wireless and an ethernet interface, but normally working wireless.
Everything was working file, all PCs were using the DI for DHCP, all in a typical 192.168.0 subnet, with the DI being 192.168.0.1, gateway for all.
And I got an ADSL modem (Dlink DSL-300G+). The DSL was an IP which cannot be set: 192.168.0.1.
Fortunately, I can set the IP of the DI, so I had to make it 192.168.0.2. Do I did that, and configured all PCs with the new gateway IP. Ok.
The I connected the DSL on the DI, and I couldn't access it at all. After RTFM, I had to change the IPs of the rest of the network to 10.0.0.x! Dlink sells these two appliances so that they will work together. So I follow the manual.
After that, the DI is 10.0.0.1, all wired PCs on the DI are 10.0.0.x (255.255.255.0 etc), and indeed I can now access the DSL (192.168.0.1) --manual was right :)
THE PROBLEM is that after making the above changes, the last PC (on the wireless interface) can no longer see the rest of the network! The interface utility shows perfect signal, but I cannot connect nor ping to anything. If I plug a wire, it can see the network just like the rest of them boxes. But NO longer on the wireless interface. I also tried to disable the ethernet i/face, but no good. The wireless has data link connectivity, but no TCP/IP at all. It's IP is 10.0.0.x just like the others (gateway 10.0.0.1) but nothing is happening.....
I cannot imagine any new ideas to try... so I'm all ears! :)