Two DLS lines + Cisco 3600
Posted on 2003-11-23
I have two dsl connections with a block of 32 static IPs. My boss wants me to combine the two connections using the Cisco router so that I can load balance them. I have two problems.
1. The router only has two (2) ethernet ports and no serial connections. I have no idea how to hook it up to our existing hub (d-link 16 port)
2. I have no idea what command(s) I would use to combine the two interfaces.
At this time I am thinking of somehow using a combination of hubs and a cable/Dsl router (home user type, 4 ports) to achieve this in combination witht the cisco. My basic idea was to;
1. connect both of the dsl lines into the 4 port dsl router, ports 3 and four (it's a linksys)
2. connect the uplink port on the linksys to e0/0 on the cisco
3. connect e0/1 on the cisco to our existing 16 port d-link hub.
If anyone can help me at all it would be greatly appriciated. I have basic knowledge of the Cisco IOS, I am able to configure it for basic operaion using the concsle.