Help filtering records

I'm trying to modify a calendar application I found.  I've got a master calendar that displays events taking place in all the rooms in the database.  Now I'm trying to write individual calendar views for each room.    

I've got it working so the current month's events show up in the proper room, but if I try to advance a month, I get a blank calendar.  I'm not sure if the problem lies in my select statement  or the way I've got the link set up to advance to the next month.

Select statement:

rsEventsDay.Source = "SELECT *  FROM EVENTS, TYPES WHERE EVE_APPROVED=1 AND EVE_TYPE = " + Replace(rsEventsDay__MMColParam, "'", "''") + " AND EVE_TYPE = TYPE_ID  ORDER BY EVE_DATED"

Here's the code  I was trying to advance to the next month:

<a fref="type.asp?iDate=<%= Server.URLEncode(DateAdd("m",1,iDate))%>"><%= (Left(MonthName(Month(DateAdd("m", 1, CurrentDay))),3)) %></a>

Can someone point me in the right direction?  Thanks!
mtarbyAsked:
Who is Participating?

[Product update] Infrastructure Analysis Tool is now available with Business Accounts.Learn More

x
I wear a lot of hats...

"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.

ap_sajithCommented:
<a fref="type.asp?iDate=<%= Server.URLEncode(DateAdd("m",1,iDate))%>"><%= (Left(MonthName(Month(DateAdd("m", 1, CurrentDay))),3)) %></a>

should be..

<a href="type.asp?iDate=<%= Server.URLEncode(DateAdd("m",1,iDate))%>"><%= (Left(MonthName(Month(DateAdd("m", 1, CurrentDay))),3)) %></a>

Anyway.. i dont think that should be the error.. post the rest of the code as the code above seems to be correct..

Cheers!!
mtarbyAuthor Commented:
Sorry - you were right, that wasn't causing the error.  Here's more of the code:

<%
Dim rsEventsDay__MMColParam
rsEventsDay__MMColParam = "0"
if (Request.QueryString("iType") <> "") then rsEventsDay__MMColParam = Request.QueryString("iType")
%>
<%
set rsEventsDay = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")
rsEventsDay.ActiveConnection = MM_connDUcalendar_STRING
rsEventsDay.Source = "SELECT *  FROM EVENTS, TYPES WHERE EVE_APPROVED=1 AND EVE_TYPE = " + Replace(rsEventsDay__MMColParam, "'", "''") + " AND EVE_TYPE = TYPE_ID  ORDER BY EVE_DATED"
rsEventsDay.CursorType = 0
rsEventsDay.CursorLocation = 2
rsEventsDay.LockType = 3
rsEventsDay.Open()
rsEventsDay_numRows = 0
%>
<%
Dim Repeat1__numRows
Dim Repeat1__index

Repeat1__numRows = -1
Repeat1__index = 0
rsEventsDay_numRows = rsEventsDay_numRows + Repeat1__numRows
%>
<SCRIPT RUNAT=SERVER LANGUAGE=VBSCRIPT>      
function DoTrimProperly(str, nNamedFormat, properly, pointed, points)
  dim strRet
  strRet = Server.HTMLEncode(str)
  strRet = replace(strRet, vbcrlf,"")
  strRet = replace(strRet, vbtab,"")
  If (LEN(strRet) > nNamedFormat) Then
    strRet = LEFT(strRet, nNamedFormat)                  
    If (properly = 1) Then                              
      Dim TempArray                                                
      TempArray = split(strRet, " ")      
      Dim n
      strRet = ""
      for n = 0 to Ubound(TempArray) - 1
        strRet = strRet & " " & TempArray(n)
      next
    End If
    If (pointed = 1) Then
      strRet = strRet & points
    End If
  End If
  DoTrimProperly = strRet
End Function
</SCRIPT>
<%
If Request("iDate") <> "" Then
   iDate = DateValue(Request("iDate"))
Else
   iDate = date
End if

CurrentMonth = Month(iDate)
CurrentMonthName = MonthName(CurrentMonth)
CurrentYear = Year(iDate)

FirstDayDate = DateSerial(CurrentYear, CurrentMonth, 1)
FirstDay = WeekDay(FirstDayDate, 0)
CurrentDay = FirstDayDate

%>

And where I'm trying to put the link:

 <table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
 <tr align="center" valign="middle">
<td align = "left" class="bgMonthListing">&laquo; <a href="type.asp?iDate=<%= Server.URLEncode(DateAdd("m",-1, iDate))%>"><%= UCASE(Left(MonthName(Month(DateAdd("m", -1, CurrentDay))),3)) %></a></td>
<td class="bgMonthListing"><%= UCASE(rsEventsDay.Fields.Item("TYPE_NAME").Value)%> - <%= UCASE(CurrentMonthName & " " & CurrentYear) %></td>
<td align = "right" class="bgMonthListing"><a href="type.asp?iDate=<%= Server.URLEncode(DateAdd("m",1,iDate))%>"><%= (Left(MonthName(Month(DateAdd("m", 1, CurrentDay))),3)) %></a>
&raquo;</td>
</tr>
</table>

Thanks!



jenn5175Commented:
Looks like you're not sending iType in your querystring so iType=0 and you probably don't have anything in the db for a iType=0

Experts Exchange Solution brought to you by

Your issues matter to us.

Facing a tech roadblock? Get the help and guidance you need from experienced professionals who care. Ask your question anytime, anywhere, with no hassle.

Start your 7-day free trial
mtarbyAuthor Commented:
Thanks!  I knew I was missing something obvious - its working great now.  
It's more than this solution.Get answers and train to solve all your tech problems - anytime, anywhere.Try it for free Edge Out The Competitionfor your dream job with proven skills and certifications.Get started today Stand Outas the employee with proven skills.Start learning today for free Move Your Career Forwardwith certification training in the latest technologies.Start your trial today
ASP

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.