The instruction at ... referenced memory at ... The memory could not be "read."
Posted on 2003-11-26
Error Message: The instruction at ... referenced memory at ... The memory could not be "read."
This is happening in an Access97 database on Windows NT. Here is a list of what has happened and what I've tried so far:
1) It happened on a single pc. The person was given a new pc and Norton Ghost was used to put his stuff on new pc. The problem continued on the new pc. (Note: This same program is on more than 100 other systems with no problem.)
2) Tried Compact and Repair.
3) Gave him a new copy of the application just to be certain the app wasn't corrupt.
4) Uninstalled all Office97 products and reinstalled.
5) Made certain service packs were installed.
6) Put mdb version of application on this pc and followed the code line by line. "Seems" to always happen at a DoCmd.OpenQuery command in code, but not every time it hits a line of code that has DoCmd.OpenQuery (about every other time).
7) Have been able to successfully run other Access97 apps through that same type of code, but they don't give the error message and shut down.
8) And, just for the heck of it, I created a blank Access97 database and dumped the old mdb into a new database, then created a new mde.
I would appreciate any help or suggestions. This is the day before Thanksgiving, so I may not check back until Monday morning. THANKS!!