scripting against spam in Outlook Express
Posted on 2003-11-28
Having tried various email blocking programs, none of them can catch even half the spam (iHateSpam, SpamCatcher, etc.).
Using Outlook Express and the various blocking programs, it seems I can only block certain phrases from the subject line.
I want to write my own script to scan all subject lines-- a script that will send the spam email to a "blocked" or "spam" folder (the name doesn't matter).
For example, here are a few subject lines my ideal script solution would block:
1. hi (not just any subject line with that word, but that being the only printable word)
2. bmihura (my email name, not my first name)
3. V_i.a;gr.a (I'm smart enough to strip out non alpha-characters, or convert them)
4. V1ag;ra (see previous comment)
5. any empty subject line
6. a "white list" and "black list", both overriding all previous rules