Still celebrating National IT Professionals Day with 3 months of free Premium Membership. Use Code ITDAY17

x
?
Solved

Config for cisco 1720 use 2 wic-1dsu-t1

Posted on 2003-12-04
Medium Priority
?
Last Modified: 2010-04-11
I have a customer that want to use 2 T1 lines into a 1720 and have the shared bandwidth used via the FastEthernet port. I would like to give him instructions and/or a sample config. Any help would be great

Thanks

Rich
Comment
Question by:hulanet
[X]
Welcome to Experts Exchange

Add your voice to the tech community where 5M+ people just like you are talking about what matters.

• Help others & share knowledge
  • Earn cash & points
  • Learn & ask questions
3 Comments

LVL 2

Expert Comment

by:steven_alilovic
ID: 9880156
Just a few quick questions-

Are the 2 T1's connecting to the same ISP?
Are these 2 T1 to load balance traffic from the ISP?

LVL 7

Accepted Solution

by:
NicBrey earned 1000 total points
ID: 9881832
If you want to use it for load balancing to the same ISP, just configure them as usual.
Then configure EIGRP for the load balancing and use CEF (Cisco express forwarding)

EIGRP will automaticaly do load balancing over equal cost links and since they are both full T1's it will work nicely.

the commands are:

router(config)#router eigrp <AS number>
routerconfig-router)#network xx.xx.xx.xx
routerconfig-router)#no auto-summary

router(config)#ip cef

that's it...

Here is a link to CEF for load balancing
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps2033/prod_technical_reference09186a00800afeb7.html

Expert Comment

by:daeakins
ID: 10889132
I tried this on a 2600 with 2  1wic dsu t1 cards. My down load speeds are higher then my upload speeds. Any help?

Featured Post

The Ideal Solution for Multi-Display Applications

Check out ATEN’s VS1912 12-Port DP Video Wall Media Player at InfoComm 2017. Kerri describes how easy it is to design creative video walls in asymmetric layouts and schedule detailed playlists ahead of time with its advanced scheduling feature.

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

For many of us, the  holiday season kindles the natural urge to give back to our friends, family members and communities. While it's easy for friends to notice the impact of such deeds, understanding the contributions of businesses and enterprises i…
Most of the applications these days are on Cloud. Cloud is ubiquitous with many service providers in the market. Since it has many benefits such as cost reduction, software updates, remote access, disaster recovery and much more.
If you're a developer or IT admin, you’re probably tasked with managing multiple websites, servers, applications, and levels of security on a daily basis. While this can be extremely time consuming, it can also be frustrating when systems aren't wor…
In this video we outline the Physical Segments view of NetCrunch network monitor. By following this brief how-to video, you will be able to learn how NetCrunch visualizes your network, how granular is the information collected, as well as where to f…

705 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question