Urgent: Easy & General Crystal Reports Questions
Posted on 2003-12-04
I have a few general questions about Crystal Reports. Right now, I have installed CR4.6, which came with Visual Studio 6 Professional. I am trying to integrate reports into a Visual Basic (SP5) application.
1. I thought I read somewhere that a free upgrade is available. Is there a free upgrade, and if so where? The CR site doesn’t show the software that is older than v.8.
2. I also thought that you can connect to a data environment command object within VB with CR, but I don’t see that option when selecting SQL/ODBC type. How can I get this option?
3. CR4.6 is asking for a serial number when I launch it. On one operating system I entered a number I found on the web and it seems to work fine. On another operating system I just close the window and it also seems to work fine. Sense CR is included with VB, shouldn’t a serial number be included too? Where can I get it?
4. I plan on deploying this application to multiple machines, do I have to worry about licensing? Will the report be able to run on every instance of the application at the same time?
5. I need to build two pretty easy reports by yesterday, is there anything else anyone can offer that may make my life easier?
Thanks to everyone!