Dealing with Issues in VB
Posted on 2003-12-05
I am new to VB so if I don't say the right word(s) or phrases, please forgive my ignorance as I am learning. I have a small project due in the next week using VB 6.0 , I seem to have an OK grasp on the interface, its more so the code that I ponder. I have 3 VB books that are for VB Beginners but they deal very little with what I need my app to do.
I Need to:
Create a report form that will do the following:
1) Allow me to monitor tasks vis-a-vis time stamping
2) Allow me to run a difference or comparison statement between two timed intervals
3) Allow me to write all my results real-time and be able to remove entries that are in cache
4) Run a splash screen at the beginning of the app.
What I have accomplished:
1) Created forms
2) Created Splash Screen
3) Created Access dBase w/ Relationships (where applicable)
The Sticking points
1) Ok.... I need to compare two timed intervals, since there is no "stopwatch" type of code readily available, I need to DIFF or compare the time when the record was created to the time I stop the stopwatch. The timer is started when I select a task, I have to manually end the taks for the second and final time stamp. Then the difference of the two times will be displayed in a text box. Does this sound like fun yet?
2) Be able to create a form that shows all assignments not ended. Meaning, I can add 100 tasks, but until I manually hit the end key the "clock" keeps ticking.
3) I wrote a module for the Splash Screen form,when I hit run to start the object, it just runs one of the other forms. I am not sureif the splash should be running.
Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated.