After installing Suse 9.0 my floppy became anavailable. Boot log showed following message:
<6>Floppy drive(s): fd0 is 1.44M
<4>floppy0: no floppy controllers found
- The floppy disk works fine when I boot the windows partition, so it can't be a loose connection.
- lsmod and modprobe return empty (as in: no mention of a floppy anywhere)
- Booting in safmode (i.e. with the disableapic, nodma, etc. kernel opions) doesn't help.
- Pent4 1.7 GHz
- Asus motherboard (Type: P4T-F, I think)
- 256 Mb RAM
- 40 Gb HD (Maxtor)
- Linux kernel: 2.4.21-99-default, compiled with gcc 3.3.1
The entire bootlog can be found here: