I have an issue where outlook does not get past the opening splash screen. I then need to CRTL-ALT-DEL and kill the OUTLOOK.exe process (which can then take minutes to take effect). I can get Outlook to run using the /SAFE command line string.
I have tried:
* Using scanpst.exe to check/repair my offline .pst file and my .ost file
* deleting/renaming outcmd.dat, frmcache.dat, extend.dat as suggested on various pages
* using /SAFE to go to HELP > ABOUT > DISABLED ITEMS (reveals nothing)
* checking no add-ins or COM items are causing the issue
* disabling instant messenger in outlook
* defragmenting the hard drive to ensure the data in the offline .pst folder is not corrupted