Package & deployment wizard
When I try to make a setup file for application I encounter a few bugs.
This are the steps I make:
- I select the project for which I want a setup file.
- I choose for package
- I choose packaging script: Standard setup package 1
- I choose package type: standard setup package
- I select the folder where I want to install the package
- Then I get to choose which file I want to include in the package
These are present in that screen:
myfile.exe << my file
VB6 Runtime and Ole automation
- I choose for single cab
- Installation title: myfile 1.0.0.
- I choose a start menu group
- Then I can modify the install location of the files:
(but I leave it as it is)
- I don't choose to share myfile.exe
- I save the settings of the session under standard setup package 1
- I press finish
The setup file has been created in the target directory
Along with the files:
and a directory has been created with the name:Support
When I run the setup file I choose to install to the directory:
It tries to install but I receive the message:
An access Violation occured while copying the file
And the installation is aborted.
Why is the installion aborted, and why are there so many files in the package ?
(I thought it would create just one setup file)