Best motherboard for Athlon XP 2500 (Barton) CPU
Posted on 2003-12-10
I'm building a new system with my son around an Athlon XP 2600 CPU.
The main decision is the motherboard, we've had several Via boards die on us in the past with Duron CPUs and we want a good one this time.
Specs we're looking for in order of importance:
1) Absolute BEST chipset & fastest buses to support this CPU.
2) MAX number of PCI slots (& of course at least one AGP, nobody doing two?)
3) NO on-board sound or video!
4) Of course on-board USB 2.2 ports.
5) One legacy ISA slot if possible would be good....