I need to archive some data from the corporate nework with this contraints:
1. I have 30-40 GB of data on the coporate network.
2. I need to archive about 1/2 of the data according to 4 different file extensions.
3. I need to maintain the origional paths for the files.
4. I am limited to using only installed corporate software on the computer. (Neo DVD Burn software)
5. I have about 9 GB free space on the network to potentially copy files to before burning to DVD.
6. Running Windows 2000
Can I do something with changing the archive bit to accomplish this and some kind of xcopy?
Just about everyone has an old PC laying around. Ask anyone in the IT industry, whether they are a professional or play in it as a hobby. From outdated Desktops to cheap "throwaway" laptops, they are all around and not as hard to "fix up" as you m…
Sometimes a user will call me frantically, explaining that something has gone wrong and they have tried everything (read - they have messed it up more and now need someone to clean up) and it still does no good, can I help them?! Usually the standa…
This is used to tweak the memory usage for your computer, it is used for servers more so than workstations but just be careful editing registry settings as it may cause irreversible results. I hold no responsibility for anything you do to the regist…