installshield - UNINSTALL
Posted on 2003-12-11
-- using installshield express 4
i have a fairly complex installation project. i was having a problem in that several of the files copied to the system32 folder were not being removed, and my custom action was not being executed. i reproduced my problem on a smaller scale. here it is:
1. I quickly created a project with all defaults
2. In the "Specify Application Data" view, I added the file "myuninstalltest.txt" to the [SystemFolder] folder.
3. I built the setup.exe (SingleImage)
4. I ran the installation (from the Build menu).
5. I checked to see if the myuninstalltest.txt file was in the system32 folder. Yes, it was.
6. I ran the uninstallation (from the Build menu).
7. I checked the system32 folder. The myinstallation.txt file was still there!!!
This should be so simple, shouldn't it?
I actually value this question a lot more than 125 points, but that's all i have and i don't own a credit card. Many many thanks to the person who helps me out with this.
Thank you a lot.