Solved

dinamic filter on lookup fields

Posted on 2004-03-25
11
328 Views
Last Modified: 2010-04-05
Hi,

Want to make a lookup field that depends where the possible values depends on another fields's value.
I set the lookupdatasets filter property and set the filtered property to true as well. Even tried Refresh still nothing happened. Got the same list in the lookup field. How could i solve this problem?

I tried to use customconstraint too but didn't work.

for example one field is country and the other is town
if someone picks country he can pick a toen only from that country (only that the connection is much more complex : depends on other tables of the dataset)

thanx
0
Comment
Question by:gully1
  • 6
  • 2
11 Comments
 
LVL 17

Expert Comment

by:mokule
ID: 10676335
May be You should use TQuery.
Give some more details. What do You exactly mean by lookup field
0
 
LVL 27

Expert Comment

by:kretzschmar
ID: 10676363
disable the lookupcache-property (-> false)

meikl ;-)
0
 

Author Comment

by:gully1
ID: 10701895
Well, I set the lookupcache to false yet the list didn't refresh.

0
Netscaler Common Configuration How To guides

If you use NetScaler you will want to see these guides. The NetScaler How To Guides show administrators how to get NetScaler up and configured by providing instructions for common scenarios and some not so common ones.

 
LVL 27

Accepted Solution

by:
kretzschmar earned 125 total points
ID: 10701938
do you use ado or bde?
0
 

Author Comment

by:gully1
ID: 10701957
To be more precise, I have a dependency table which is in fact a list of pairs of the elements of two other tables. Not foreign keys but strings still it defines the other tables elements . So when the users picks up one element of the first table i want to show him in my lookup list of the other table only those that are linked to it (has a pair of the two in the dependency table).
I simplificated it a little, but i guess if i got a solution for this, I can solve the problem.
What i did was:
When the first field changed i collected the linked objects from the dependency table and set the filter.
0
 

Author Comment

by:gully1
ID: 10701969
I use SQLDirect (changed a bit).
A query inherited from TSDQuery(inh from TQuery).
0
 

Author Comment

by:gully1
ID: 10702010
Sorry if i didn't answer your question. It doesn't use BDE.
0
 

Author Comment

by:gully1
ID: 10937879
Ok I found the solution. Closed the lookupdataset, set a new SQL for it and reopened. It worked.
Probably filtering has no effect on the lookuplist.
0
 

Author Comment

by:gully1
ID: 10940630
no thanks
i have enough

(what else can you show me :))
0

Featured Post

Best Practices: Disaster Recovery Testing

Besides backup, any IT division should have a disaster recovery plan. You will find a few tips below relating to the development of such a plan and to what issues one should pay special attention in the course of backup planning.

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

A lot of questions regard threads in Delphi.   One of the more specific questions is how to show progress of the thread.   Updating a progressbar from inside a thread is a mistake. A solution to this would be to send a synchronized message to the…
Objective: - This article will help user in how to convert their numeric value become words. How to use 1. You can copy this code in your Unit as function 2. than you can perform your function by type this code The Code   (CODE) The Im…
This video shows how to quickly and easily add an email signature for all users on Exchange 2016. The resulting signature is applied on a server level by Exchange Online. The email signature template has been downloaded from: www.mail-signatures…

772 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question